Dangal 2016 movie
Dangal (English: Wrestling competition) is an upcoming Indian Hindi-language biographical sports drama film directed by Nitesh Tiwari. It stars Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat, who taught wrestling to his daughters Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari. The former is India’s first female wrestler to win at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, where she won the gold medal (55 kg). Her sister Babita Kumari won the silver (51 kg). “Dangal” is the Hindi term for “a wrestling competition”.
The music for Dangal was composed by Pritam, while the lyrics were written by Amitabh Bhattacharya. Kripa Shankar Bishnoi, a coach with the Indian women’s wrestling team, trained Aamir Khan and the entire crew for the wrestling sequences.
Mahavir Singh Phogat (Aamir Khan) is a former champion wrestler. He is married to Shobha Kaur (Sakshi Tanwar). Phogat’s dream is to win a gold medal for India in wrestling. He is unable to do this. He promises that his son will do what he couldn’t do. However, although he loves them dearly, Phogat is disappointed when Shobha gives birth to four daughters. He does not believe girls can wrestle well. However, when two of his daughters, Geeta and Babita, come home after beating up two boys, Phogat realises how wrong he has been and begins to train his daughters in wrestling. The film is the story of how Phogat trained his daughters to become professional wrestlers.
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat
- Sakshi Tanwar as Daya Shobha Kaur, wife of Mahavir Singh Phogat
- Fatima Sana Shaikh as Geeta Phogat, daughter of Mahavir Singh Phogat
- Zaira Wasim as young Geeta
- Sanya Malhotra as Babita Kumari, daughter of Mahavir Singh Phogat
- Suhani Bhatnagar as young Babita
- Vivan Bhatena
- Aparshakti Khurrana
- Rajkummar Rao as Krishna Singh Phogat, brother of Mahavir Singh Phogat